[MIP-8] Reward token holders based on ranking system

Hey @pedro_m023 ,

To answer your questions specifically:

• Promote this in the telegram & discord channels to engage the community?

Please feel free to champion your proposal and engage with the community on Discord/Telegram. I would personally love to see more discourse taking place in the Discord Governance channels.

• Should I advance to a snapshot proposal?

You are free to submit your proposal to the Snapshot portal for a signal vote. This action would also trigger auto-tweets/discord messages, hopefully bringing this proposal to the attention of others in the community who could assist you in further refinement.

• Can someone from the team also give feedback and help with the proposed code changes?

A couple of things here. First and foremost, as governance is decentralized, community members aren’t reliant upon any contributing team to implement these sorts of updates to the protocol. You have the ability to find a developer to assist and request a grant as part of your proposal to finance this work.

This leads me to my second point, which is that what you are currently proposing will be quite the engineering lift AFAIK. These proposed updates will require not only changes to the comptroller (and thorough security review/auditing before it can safely replace the current comptroller), but also front-end/UI updates.

I would recommend that you give @octavius’ recent reply to @parkhodu.eth a read. He gives an example of a “WELL Vault” that could be built and goes into detail on why, in his opinion, it’s usually a better idea to build ontop of the core protocol, as opposed to directly changing it. Here’s an excerpt:

The idea demonstrates the sorts of things that can be built independently of the core protocol to achieve things in a more frictionless way. IMO the point of being an open protocol is more or less that it does one core thing and does it well, and allows for people to build things that integrate directly with it. That same vault concept can definitely be expanded on to do all sorts of neat and novel things and this is basically how things like yield optimizers work under the hood - they don’t make tweaks to the core protocol but instead build abstractions on top of existing protocols which is a lot easier to ultimately do IMO.