A path forward for Moonwell beyond Nomad

Yeah 100%. What they don’t realize is that the people who bridged were the people following Moonbeam. In my humble opinion I felt Moonbeam had one of the best images. For whatever reason Moonbeam seemed like it embodied the good things of crypto. Perhaps that is just a side effect of launching on Kusuma and all that that symbolizes.

Things like this will rumble through degen communities and Moonbeam will simply be known as the blockchain that didn’t care. They shilled a new untested bridge and when it got drained they were nowhere to be seen. I think it is very short sighted.

They then try make it look like they care by starting a forum. Where they have paid contributors trying to direct the proposal down a very narrow path that does not help those that lost funds.

And yes, they also sensor discord.

Chip, your posts are crossing a line from being constructive to making baseless accusations against the team. Please consider this a warning, we will start to delete your posts or ban you from this forum if you can’t contribute in a constructive way. I know you’ve been impacted by the Nomad incident, but so have many of us (myself included). All of us that use DeFi know we take risks, which we acknowledge in the terms of use, and we must do our own research (DYOR).

Octavius is a contributor to Moonwell, you can clearly see him on the home page of the moonwell.fi website. There is no intent to hide anything. He’s doing his best to explain a complex topic of credit risk in DeFi to you, but you’re misinterpreting his statements and it looks intentional to me.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response.

I did not think my accusations were baseless and fully understand DYOR. I was simply asking questions. I think it is important to know if the people engaged in a discussion are receiving WELL tokens or not.

You mentioned you were impacted by the bridge. Were you able to remove funds from Moonwell when the hack happened? I think yesterday in the following discussion Bkase.eth – Delegate to me you mentioned that there is liquidity on the nomad bridge . Did you succeed? As far as I understand this information is incorrect. Nomad bridge is still frozen so you cannot actually redeem nomad assets.

Saying that I am misinterpreting his statements is not true. This goes back to the following:

Where I make an argument that having all assets from 1 bridge increases your risk of catastrophic failure but decreases your risk of minor failure. As I stated I am not an expert. To further explore this topic I asked questions and those questions were not answered. I was then discredited by @octavius, who then tried to redirect the discussion down the path he favoured. I asked @octavius twice what his position in all of this is:

Hey Chip,

Majin here, Moonwell Community Manager and Forum Admin. We’ve previously talked (you dm’d me during the Nomad incident and I also walked you through creating a delegation pitch bio when you asked on Discord). Just wanted to point out what is problematic in how you are approaching this discussion.

One issue I’m seeing is that you’re accusing others of “changing the subject” or “directing the conversation down a narrow path”, while at the same time asking many unrelated questions and wildly changing subjects yourself. We have to have a focused, in scope conversation here or we are going to get nowhere.

I’d also like to ask you to be less inflammatory and generally more respectful to others in your rhetoric. Belittling Tate’s opinion because he has “nothing on the line” was not ok. He’s part of the Moonwell community and has the right to make his opinions known, as do you. Also saying things like “they then try make it look like they care by starting a forum” and “they also sensor discord” is accusatory and not productive or relevant to the conversation at hand.

In closing, you’ve been given space to share your opinions and ideas with the community. That doesn’t entitle you to have every unrelated question be answered, belittle other community members, or be accusatory/inflammatory in your rhetoric. Please reassess how you are approaching these conversations and engaging with your fellow community members.

Please review this update posted to the Community Rules and Guidelines and take this message as an official warning. Any further encroachment will result in enforcement.

Closing topic as discussion has strayed from intended scope of conversation, which was reviewing the impact of the Nomad hack on the Moonwell Artemis protocol and what the community would suggest be done to reenable borrowing and address the bad debt that was created from said hack.

For focused discussion regarding Nomad’s recovery plan and the Moonwell Community’s response, you can utilize this discussion thread - Discussion - Nomad Recovery Plan Announcement 08/17

Also feel free to create your own topic for discussions, ideas, or proposals. Please just make sure that they are focused on a single theme.