Paying debt partially with well

Hello oakbay,
Thank you for ur concerns with this idea! If this idea to discourage loan side, loaners should be keep watching well price and accumulating it. But what i propose is doing it after loaner pays the debt. Loaner will pay the debt same as before and the protocol will swap few percentage of interest (which is burrowed asset) to $WELL. This way loaner doesn’t have to care about $WELL’s price or self accumulating $WELL!

oak stephen <oakbaymanor@gmail.com>于2022年11月17日 周四下午2:41写道:

Congrats on your successful signal vote @parkhodu.eth! This vote, as well as the discussion and voting pre-cancelation on MIP-8, shows that there is definitely community interest in creating additional utility for the WELL token.

It’s also important though that the community heeds the words of those that are saying that this adds a lot of mechanical complexity (it would be a big engineering lift), for what in the end could be accomplished with a simple token swap.

If that’s the proposal then (as @Luke mentioned) that will require quite a bit of engineering work to integrate directly into the protocol’s comptroller, and it also would need a thorough security review to be safely promoted to replace the existing comptroller.

You have enough WELL to bring this proposal to an on-chain vote now, but I would encourage you to further engage with the community (here and in the MIP-8 forum post) prior to doing so. Submitting this as an MIP with the proposal in it’s current state (i.e. no actionable code changes, details still to flesh out) would function essentially just as an on-chain signal vote (no code to execute).

I don’t want too sound negative. I commend you for sharing your idea and creating a snapshot proposal to gauge community sentiment. I just want to emphasise that A. In this proposal’s current state, there’s going to be a lot of engineering/security auditing overhead (i.e. it’s not something that can be implemented quickly) and B. There is also MIP-8 which is also attempting to create additional utility for the WELL token. It may serve the community to coalesce around one idea for WELL utility at a time. That idea maybe should be something built on top of the protocol (WELL Vault), as opposed to directly tweaking the core protocol.

Just my two cents! I’m enjoying seeing all of the current Gov Forum discussion, hope it continues!

1 Like

vault is not my idea so i guess nothing further to discuss from here.