SKALE Labs <> Moonwell

Hello!

I’m Emre Arduman, Business Development Representative at SKALE Labs. Moonwell is really fascinating, I wanted to introduce SKALE Labs to you!

We are a Layer 2 EVM solution built on top of Ethereum, meaning we increase the transaction capacity and throughput of blockchain projects. We have a huge DeFi hub and a grant program we would love to consider Moonwell for. Cheers!

Hi @earduman, thanks for your interest in Moonwell. I have a couple questions for you if you don’t mind for the sake of clarity.

1. Could you please provide more details on SKALE? How does it differ from or improve upon other Layer 2 solutions currently on the market?
  2. Can you give us a brief overview of the DeFi projects that are currently in your DeFi hub? What benefits would the Moonwell community have in joining the SKALE ecosystem?
  3. Can you tell us more about your grant program? What does this involve?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Chrizy!

Happy to answer those questions. I tried to keep my answers brief for your sake, but let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to dive in deeper over a quick call. I also saw that Arrington is one of your investors. They are also heavily invested into SKALE - so feel free to ask them their thoughts.

1. Could you please provide more details on SKALE? How does it differ from or improve upon other Layer 2 solutions currently on the market?

SKALE is an EVM compatible blockchain network that is natively app-specific and services to provide the highest level of scalability and user experience. While most other alt-layer 1 and layer 2 solutions have the same goal, there are a number of key differences. Our unique architecture means that everything on SKALE has 0-gas fees, instant finality, super low latency, and the highest TPS in the market. I would check out this Dartmouth Report (SKALE tops Dartmouth Blockchain study as the fastest blockchain network) for more information on our architecture and performance capabilities. For more information on how this article impacts DeFi in particular, check out (Push the Boundaries of DeFi with SKALE and Zero Gas Fees).

1. Can you give us a brief overview of the DeFi projects that are currently in your DeFi hub? What benefits would the Moonwell community have in joining the SKALE ecosystem?

Right now, SKALE is in a really unique position to provide rapid DeFi growth. Over the last year or so, we have onboarded 450k users, executed 80m+ transactions and have saved users well over $1b in gas fees. Most of these users are actually coming from the consumer entertainment space such as gaming, nfts, etc. Now, my team and I are focusing heavily on DeFi and in talks to choose a handful of solutions to put the full weight of our foundation, VC’s and team into supporting. The Moonwell community would not only benefit from the inherent performance benefits of SKALE (0-gas fees, instant finality, etc.) but a partnership would also allow us to funnel our user base directly into your protocol as well as providing support from our team to encourage your project’s success. (See below)

1. Can you tell us more about your grant program? What does this involve?

Especially for top DeFi projects our grant program is incredibly robust and hands on. On the financial side of things, we have grants available for select projects. These grants include a subsidy to allow teams to build on SKALE completely for free as well as milestone based performance grants. On the non-financial side of things, our team is ready to support with a white-glove approach that includes dedicated technical integration support, marketing and PR initiatives, and ecosystem connects (including VCs). At the end of the day, we see your success as our success and will do everything we can to support you in your growth.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!
Emre

Hey Chrizy,

Any update here? Thanks!

Cheers,
Emre