$PINK airdrop application for moonwell

Hey team, Can we ask team members to apply for $PINK airdrop assignment on our behalf.

1 Like

I 100% support this idea. I am not sure how feasible it would be, but I think it would be cool if we added $PINK as liquidity incentives.

Just gonna drop a link here to the full write-up of this initiative on the Moonbeam Forum: We are getting $PINK and here is how to get your share - moonbeam - Moonbeam Community Forum

We will need to act fairly quickly if we are going to get our application in and approved.

Hey @kris_2000! There isn’t a “Moonwell Team”, but multiple teams and individual community members that contribute to the protocol. If you or other members of the Moonwell community feel strongly about this opportunity, feel free to coordinate here and create a forum post on the Moonbeam Governance Forum.

Just note that, unlike the Base deployment, Moonwell on Moonbeam doesn’t have the ability to support additional reward tokens beyond WELL and GLMR. Without getting into too much technical detail, Moonwell on Base is unique in that rewards logic was pulled out of the comptroller smart contract and a new, independent “Multirewardsdistributor” contract was created which enables the support for many different reward tokens. Other alternative approaches could be explored, like using the PINK allocation for a GALXE campaign or something similar.

Hey @kris_2000 just wanted to point out, that I put in a proposal for the PINK drop on Moonwell today. It would be great if you could go over and give it some love.

@Curly is this a typo or just a bad joke ? 1.2m $Pink is less than 5k$ for our community…all your hard work for that :roll_eyes:

we must be efficient and allocate our resources to meaningful tasks :pray:t3:

Dump it and donate the 5k to a children’s charity…community members will have more loss holding dot for 20days than the airdrop is worth.….we will use your great galxe campaign as a template for our own, for base summer or something :muscle:t3::sunglasses: Moonwell is not Pink :large_blue_circle::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That wasn’t a joke btw…if only 1-2% of the base community takes part in this campaign, most will have a loss and perhaps fewer people will take part in future campaigns :unamused: I’m not even talking about a complicated process with bad UI, new wallet etc. :v:t4:

Here the „ETH Killer“ chart :face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile:

this is not something you would recommend to a friend :face_holding_back_tears:

Thanks for your feedback ser.

As with much of investing, it’s about calculating risk over your own personal time horizon. I understand that you don’t think it was worth the effort based on today’s market, but maybe it will be in 1 week/month/year/decade…who knows, this is all magic internet money we’re talking about and sometimes it’s worth doing something just for a meme. At the end of the day, we are all gambling with our time and money in this space hoping that we make the “right decisions”, and time tends to make fools out of us all.

I appreciate your compliment on the Galxe Campaign I created, and I look forward to seeing how you plan to use it in the future.

Gm :sun_behind_small_cloud: sir

I was just surprised that it was so little, ~5k​:face_with_peeking_eye: I haven’t been following Pink and saw the announcement yesterday in the Gov update mail :smirk:

anyway, but if in the future other Memecoins want to copy the distribution of Pink and expect the parachain/projects to do all the work, a much higher amount must be handed over :smirk: or we dump it and donate it as a community to charity or currently as support for Uniswap in the fight against the SEC etc…

think about it, IRL no business would ever do that… pink can be happy that curly excists :innocent:

Nice wknd sir :saluting_face: