As a part of our role as a Governance Facilitator, Boardroom will host Monthly Governance Calls with the community. The purpose of these calls is to dive into important initiatives in Moonwell Governance. We will look into recently passed proposals, as well as those that are live or upcoming, providing a time for the community to ask questions and get answers before voting.
These calls will give a voice to the community and open a direct line of communication between contributors, delegates, and other DAO members.
This thread will contain the agendas, recording links, and other important information from past calls. A copy of these calls will live here in the Forum, as well as on Boardroom. You can find The Moonwell project on Boardroom at this link. To find the Governance Calls, navigate to “Insights” > “Activities and Meetings”.
Everyone is invited and encouraged to participate in these calls.
- This call is intended for the entire Moonwell Community including community developers, core devs, delegates, contributors, and new community members to discuss matters related to Moonwell.
- The call is currently scheduled for 60 minutes monthly, on the first week of the Month.
- Notes and recordings from each week’s meeting are archived and shared publicly here.
- Keep scrolling for the agenda and notes from past meetings
This thread will contain:
- Recording Link:
- Discord Stage Link:
- Meeting Notes (if applicable):
- Other Key Links from the Meeting:
We’d love to hear your feedback and any suggestions you might have to improve the content. If you have comments, suggestions, or other feedback, please leave your input in this form.
To provide the best reading experience, please limit your comments on this thread.
I am really looking forward to these calls. I think they will go a long way to increasing communication and collaboration in the community. Plus it’s always nice to hear a person’s voice instead of just reading text on a screen where the true emotion and sense of humanity can often be lost
Governance Call Recap - Feb 15th, 2024
- DAI cap recommendations, Base weekly update, & Quarterly Update for Q4 from @Gauntlet
- Codebase contributions and delegate platform updates from @elliot at Solidity Labs
- New tools on the Warden platform from @WardenFinance
- Delegate Insights with @Curly and @coolhorsegirl
- Kamil from Gauntlet Q4 Quarterly Updates
- Scheduled Monthly Parameter Recs for Base, Moonbeam, and Moonriver Markets
- Created Base Guardian Recs
- Gauntlet Base Weekly Update
- No parameter changes
- DAI was the only asset found to have an average supply cap usage of over 75%, landing at 79.8% in the past week.
- mWETH and mUSDC had $676.56 and $213.74 in liquidations, respectively
- Gauntlet Cap Recommendations for DAI
- Current supply cap: 5m; recommended cap: 4.5m; current borrow cap: 4.5m; recommended cap: 3.9m
- Elliot from Solidity Labs on their contributions and delegate platform
- Previous work: temporal governance, base deployment
- Current work: nomad collateral repayment proposal, xWELL, cross-chain governance.
- Delegate platform: what we are trying to bring to the community
- Quotes from Delegates
- “MFAM reallocation for liquidity incentives” brought up a critical discussion on the runway and the Snapshot proposal process. @coolhorsegirl brought up the exhaustion of 50% of the MFAM incentives, saying: ‘Let’s reallocate 20% of the MFAM token supply from Developer Grants and Incentives to be used as liquidity incentives’. There was a bit of debate between different delegates on how this should have been implemented. Read along with the discussion in the above link.
- @Curly stepped in with a few notes, including that the discussion should have been had on the forums first before going to snapshot for a vote, and the protocol could implement protocol-owned liquidity (POL)
- @elliot brought up that Protocol-Owned Liquidity (POL) is a hard problem — how can we be sure that the Moonwell DAO goal of facilitating access to decentralized lending remains the north star, while also doing this new thing of ‘how do we manage liquidity?’ He cited OlympusDAO as an example. He also wanted clarification on which part of the voting process was incorrect.
View the Slides here.
Be sure to attend the next call during the first week of March!
Mark your calendars on the Discord Invite: Discord
Join us every first Thursday of the month, 12 PM EST / 5 PM UTC